Development Director #17-31
DEV Full Time, Oahu
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Development Department including management of its employees, volunteers, and interns which may include, but is not limited to:
- Interview, recommends selection of, and trains new hires.
- Directs daily work and evaluates direct reports.
- Ensures quality of work from and deadlines are met by direct reports.
- Assists the VP of Philanthropy and development team to develop fundraising strategies and tools, set goals, develop timetables and work plans for successful fundraising.
- Manages annual development programs (examples include CC Sunday, Annual Fund)
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with existing donors and prospective donors:
- Develops a personalized plan for each donor/prospect that includes, but is not limited to: individual goals based on the donor’s history of giving and knowledge of that donor’s potential; a timeframe in which to move the donor/prospect through the engagement and solicitation cycle; proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship.
- Build and actively manage a portfolio of 75-125 major and principal gift prospects.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors. Make appointments for personal visits with major and principal gift prospects that ultimately lead to gift solicitations.
- Manages AUW and CFC presentation schedule and performs community presentations as needed.
- Participates in developing solicitation materials, case statements, and brochures.
- Works in collaboration with other staff to prepare reports and prospect research materials.
- Initiates and assists in design and implementing regular donor and prospect cultivation and stewardship events which includes, but is not limited to larger group receptions, small 1-1 meetings, etc.
- Implements techniques and develops relationships with key staff and volunteers (leadership and program staff; development committee; campaign committee; board members, etc.) in order to continually identify prospective donors.
EDUCATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field with five (5) years demonstrated success in fundraising, marketing, communications, and/or public relations.
EMPLOYMENT CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicable background checks: HI State criminal check, verification of education, driver’s license, access to an insured vehicle, and no-fault insurance cards.